Broker assisted empty repositioning – equipment when and where it is neededSlotxchange enables container owners such as ocean carriers and equipment lessors to manage their global equipment surpluses and deficits by matching empty containers with available slot space on ocean-going vessels. With Slotxchange, equipment owners can quickly reposition empty containers in order to make them available for requirements in the destination location. Vessel operators with empty space can generate additional freight revenue as a contribution to voyage costs by offering the empty slots.
Experienced SLOTSMART brokers - whose global connections make up the industry’s largest network of equipment and vessel owners and operators - simplify the process of finding available vessel space for containers or containers to fill empty vessel slots. Constant updates from slot purchasers and vessel operators ensure that SLOTSMART can target the most optimal exchanges of vessel slot space. Both parties receive not only direct benefits to their bottom line, but also enjoy centralized billing and settlement and a digital notice board presenting the latest updates and available opportunities. Not only can brokers identify the best matches, but they will work hard to ensure that you receive the best possible rate as well.
- Save time and effort managing equipment imbalances with the help of expert brokers
- Fulfill customer demand by having equipment when and where it is needed
- Leverage a capacity network of more than 100 equipment operators
- Gain revenue on unused slot space
- Reposition empty equipment port to port quickly and reliably with known arrival times
- Reduce asset management costs and maximize asset utilization
- Receive free weekly summary of global slot surplus and demand
- Receive 24/7 support